Upper Elementary Math Teacher
JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, Watertown, MA
JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, is committed to serving families across a wide spectrum of belief and practice. The school has several hallmarks: Hebrew and English spoken throughout the day; Jewish and General studies integrated in many areas; a commitment to creative, academic excellence; and living a joyful Jewish life in a welcoming community. JCDS was founded in 1995 and serves students in grades K-8. We encourage everyone in our community to approach life with a growth mindset. We value our professional staff and invest in their ongoing development. Our professional community is rooted in collaboration, generosity of spirit, and a passion for our mission. JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
This role has two aspects: teaching a section of 6th grade math and being a math co-teacher for grades 4 and 5. As a co-teacher, you would work with another teacher to teach math in differentiated groups and to provide both support and challenge as needed for students in class. Candidates for this position should demonstrate a passion for teaching math to 4th-6th grade children as well as a deep understanding of how to meet the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of the children. The candidate should possess excellent communication, organization and relationship skills and should demonstrate a desire to work collaboratively with grade level team colleagues to create a joyful, Jewish learning community.
- Lead instruction in the 6th grade math classroom;
- Co-lead instruction in the 4th and 5th grade math classrooms;
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and administrators;
- Develop course materials and curriculum content;
- Set up and maintain a classroom space that supports a hands-on approach to instruction;
- With support for the Support Services Team, identify children’s individual learning needs and design learning experiences to support them;
- Work to ensure a cohesive, rigorous, loving classroom environment
- Deep math content knowledge;
- Demonstrated pedagogical knowledge that emphasizes conceptual thinking;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- Experienced in differentiating for diverse learners;
- Skilled in fostering teacher-student and teacher-parent relationships.
- Ability to support the creation of a joyful, Jewish learning environment;
- Ability to integrate multicultural perspectives into teaching; and
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, placing the title of “Upper Elementary Math Teacher” in the subject line.
JCDS is a pluralist co-educational Jewish day school serving students from families across a wide spectrum of Jewish beliefs and practices. Visit our website at jcdsboston.org for more information.
JCDS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, national and ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.