Upper Elementary Assistant
Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Maternity Leave Replacement: Upper Elementary Assistant
Shrewsbury Montessori School seeks a maternity leave replacement for an Upper Elementary Assistant position. The anticipated start date for this full-time position is early to mid November 2022 until February, 2023.
The ideal candidate should bring a passion for elementary education, prior classroom experience preferred. The assistant teacher works hand in hand with the classroom’s Lead Teacher in preparing and maintaining a work environment consistent with the Montessori method of learning and teaching. The role of the assistant teacher includes assisting the lead teacher with managing a classroom of approximately 20 students, supporting students’ independent work, and supervising students in the indoor and outdoor environments.
The ideal candidate:
- has a background education and enjoys working with students ages 9-12
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
- is a team player who is willing to take direction from the lead teacher
- is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
- is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, overnight school trips and monthly after school staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior classroom experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Maternity Leave: Elementary Assistant Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.