Accredited by NEASC
Theology Teacher (Possible Department Chair position)
Administrator / Full-Time
Ursuline Academy, Dedham, MA
A Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women in grades 7-12 located in Dedham, MA, Ursuline Academy seeks exceptional candidates for a full-time Theology teacher with the possibility of serving as department chair. Ursuline seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Flexibility, optimism, a collaborative and professional spirit, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to Catholic education are essential.
- Demonstrate an understanding of teaching highly capable adolescent girls
- Utilize technology effectively and be willing to embrace innovation
- Employ a variety of instructional strategies to reach an array of learning styles
- Respectfully partner and communicate with parents and appropriate school personnel to foster and share student growth
- Have a strong understanding of adolescent spirituality, give evidence of strong content knowledge in religion/theology, and a desire to help students deepen their faith.
- Be approachable and connect well with students.
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and the pedagogy it requires to engage students in a deepening understanding of theology and faith
- Collaborating with colleagues to examine student data, plan curriculum, and ensure appropriate learning experiences for all students.
- Partnering with school and college counselors and referring students who need social and emotional support
- Supervising a group of 8-10 advisees each day
- Actively participating in Ursuline’s robust service and retreat programs
- Enthusiastically supporting student life through chaperoning various activities or events
- Coursework in Theology at the collegiate level
- A Practicing Catholic
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably as a Department Chair
- Bachelor (or higher) in religion or education from an accredited college or university
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, including a sense of humor
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa required
Please send a resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School, High School