Technology Support Specialist
Gould Academy, Bethel, ME
What distinguishes Gould from traditional boarding schools is its approach to the “whole person.” Gould Academy, a small independent school in Western Maine, is seeking someone who enjoys working with adolescents and fellow adult colleagues as a Technology Support Specialist to join our community.
The TSS is key in supporting the school community. They are responsible for the support of all user-facing information system resources to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
The Technology Support Specialist works directly with students, faculty, and staff. Good working relationships and a calm demeanor are key to this position. It is important to understand that you are representing Gould and this is reflected by behaving in a professional manner, showing a positive attitude, and speaking in favor of the school when around students, parents, and other employees.
Essential Qualities of Employment
- Relevant knowledge and skill in their area of expertise
- A creative, life-long learner who seeks to constantly evolve and expand their knowledge base
- Selfless team player and intrinsically motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Responsible and trustworthy; exhibit good judgment
- Possesses strong moral values that are aligned with Gould’s
- Seeks joy and inspires others through their actions and words
- Adheres to policies and expectations articulated in the Employee Handbook and has a strong understanding of their roles (teacher, advisor, coach, community life duties) as stated in the Code of Conduct and Community Guide
Essential Duties and Responsibilities as a Technology Specialist:
- Coordinates with other staff for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently
- Procures equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining stock
● Sets up all new equipment (computers etc.) to assure end-users has the appropriate software and hardware
● Requests quotations for the purpose of providing cost information, purchasing and securing items
● Transports equipment and supplies on and off-campus
● Works with vendors to determine the resolution to technical issues and process warranty claims
● Assists the Technology Director
● Occasionally cover on-call technical support
One-to-One Laptop Program Support
- Assesses damage to equipment
- Produces trouble tickets
- Handles shipping and receiving from the repair depot
- Oversees inventory control
- Annually refurbishes equipment
- Help users with printing issues
- Maintain supply inventory
- Facilitates repair process with outside vendors
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. They will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor and/or the Head of School.
- Eager to work in a school-based environment, energy to work with adolescents, and a passion for Gould’s mission
- High School Diploma and one (1) years of work experience in the Information Technology field, or an applicable certification like CompTIA A+
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to get along with co-workers and other school community members
- Successfully complete a background check
- CHRC clear status from the Maine Department of Education
Physical and Environmental Conditions
These physical requirements are not exhaustive and additional job-related physical requirements may be added to these by individuals on an as-needed basis. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
- It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of standing and sitting for extended periods of time
- Exhibit manual dexterity
- Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height
- Ability to bend, stoop, push/pull and to grasp objects, and reach overhead
- Must be able to visit and move around all campus locations and off-campus or to other work sites for appropriate training and/or meetings as required and outlined in essential duties
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Gould Academy prepares academically motivated students for college and helps them to become independent-minded, ethical citizens who will lead lives of purpose, action, excellence, and compassion in a dynamic world.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below and create an online applicant profile and application. Please upload your current resume and submit a cover letter telling us – why Gould? Please be prepared to provide three references.
To learn more about Gould Academy visit us at: www.gouldacademy.org/careers.
If you prefer to apply by mail please contact Deborah Menezes, Human Resources, at 207-824-7797.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Gould Academy does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, creed, color, gender, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admission, financial aid, loans, hiring process, and other school programs.