Technology Support Specialist
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Technology Support Specialist
The Fenn School, an independent day school located in Concord, MA for boys in grades 4-9, seeks candidates for a full-time position as a Technology Support Specialist.
As part of the technology department and reporting to the Director of Technology, the successful candidate will have a strong background in supporting technology in an educational setting. Personal qualities such as curiosity, flexibility, versatility, and resilience are desirable, as is a willingness to tackle new challenges with an open mind and to work collaboratively with students and faculty alike.
- Serve as the “first line of defense” for technology support requests and AV setups.
- Support the School’s 1:1 iPad program, in addition to other technology integration initiatives.
- Support teachers in the use of Apple TV, and classroom use of iPads, Macs and Windows.
- Support audio/video systems, printing and multiple department-specific software solutions.
- Provide assistance with various projects to members of the tech department and Fenn community, as needed.
- Provide technical support to Summer Fenn Day Camp during the summer.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in an educational community.
- Experience in a 1-to-1 school device program, preferably with iPads.
- Experience with iOS, OS X and Windows devices.
- Experience servicing printers, preferably HP.
- Willingness to research, learn and share new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and listening.
- Excellent organizational, management, and execution skills.
- Collaborative working style, responsible team member, flexible and willing to pitch in to do whatever needs to be done.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate will, therefore, be a proactive and collaborative technician who is also committed to the manifestation of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Fenn community. The ideal candidate will be able to support Fenn’s mission in all work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Fenn strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Fenn offers a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Assistant Head of School, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.