The Sage School, Foxborough, MA
At The Sage School technology is meant to support, enhance, and advance the educational experience
and daily operations of students, faculty, and administration while seamlessly establishing connections to
a broader community. This role will coordinate and support the successful implementation of student and
staff devices, our student information system Blackbaud, Google Workspace for Education, our
technology network and infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with faculty and staff on a regular basis to assess needs and recommend suitable technology
- Assist in the formulation of technology plans for the overarching School.
- Assist staff with systems such as Blackbaud, Google Workspace for Education services and apps.
- Maintain network, hardware, and software services.
- Oversee budget for technology capital and operating expenses.
- Oversee technical support to faculty, staff, and students on all technology-related issues in a timely
manner, including troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Collaborate and support educational technology-related initiatives, integration, and implementation and
provide leadership in the areas of hardware and software acquisition.
- Provides audio/visual support to the school community for events and monthly board meetings.
- Provide training for faculty in educational technology skills and applications.
- Perform minor technical repairs.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media/devices.
- Assist faculty and students in the classrooms with technology and applications as needed.
- Be a consistent presence on campus in locations where technology is being integrated, especially
during technology-integrated instruction and other technology-mediated activities.
- Implement differentiated instructional techniques for all ages of our students.
- Interest in teaching computer science and/or upper school mathematics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform these
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is desirable.
- Specific training in computer science and its use in the educational setting is required.
- An understanding of appropriate uses of technology in the educational setting.
- Competency with all applicable Google ChromeOS, MacOS, and Windows applications.
- Competency and experience as an Admin for Google Workspace for Education, including inherent
Chromebook policies, fleet deployment, enterprise enrollment and management.
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- An understanding and competency of Windows servers, Netgear switches, Aruba API’s and firewalls.
- Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty regarding technology use in both oral and written form.
- Ability to effectively train faculty in technology use.