Summer Programs Office Manager
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Beaver Summer Camp, a fun and dynamic day camp on the campus of Beaver Country Day School in Chestnut Hill, MA serving over 1200 boys and girls each summer, seeks an enthusiastic, self-motivated and talented individual to join its year-round management team. We are looking for a Summer Programs Office Manager. This is a full time position who will report to the Director of Summer Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to parent inquiries (by phone, email, or in person) with patience and accuracy regarding camp session dates, policies, accounts balances, tours, and open houses
- Manage the camper registration process
- Administer all aspects of registration for Family Swim Club including billing, swim lessons and parties
- Oversee all outgoing camper family correspondence
- Coordinate the accurate and regular flow of financial information to the Business Office
- Maintain open and positive lines of communication with other school administrators and staff
- Supervise the Summer Office Assistant
- Maintain the office supply inventory
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director
Qualities and skills that are desired include:
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all members of the camp community
- Strong computational skills and high proficiency with technology, including databases, GoogleDrive, Excel, and WordPress. Experience with Campminder a plus
- Familiarity with camp or school environment
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in a busy camp setting
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision, yet be independent, take initiative and demonstrate follow-through
- Good character, integrity, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Enthusiasm, patience, self-control, and sense of humor
Additional things to know:
- We take cleaning and building safety seriously. You can feel confident in an attentive and flexible model of work that prioritizes our community health at every step.
- Complete vaccination against COVID-19 is currently a condition of employment at the School. The School considers requests for exemption on medical or religious grounds on a case-by-case basis. The School’s COVID-19 and other policies are subject to change at any time.
- Generous Benefits (Health, Dental and more). For more information visit our website.
- Breakfast and lunch provided, as well as coffee and snacks.
- Free parking and close to the MBTA Green Line D.