Summer Program Counselors
Waldorf School of Lexington, Lexington, MA
Waldorf School of Lexington (WSL) is currently seeking Counselors for our 2023 Summer Program season. Program Counselors lead children in the daily and weekly program, creating and providing activities indoor and outdoor that are age appropriate and meet a high standard for quality and safety. We encourage Counselors to use their strengths and creativity in developing these activities as well as collaborate with others to create a sense of community for the children. Each group or class will be provided with an adult assistant and teenage counselor assistant based on the needs of the group.
The 2023 Summer Program will begin Monday, June 26 and end Friday, August 4. We are seeking a minimum commitment of 1 week (5 days), and up to 6 weeks.
- Counselor for 3-4 year old Program: this position is scheduled from 8:00-3:30 pm, with flexibility.
- Counselor for 5-6 year-old Program: this role is scheduled from 8:00-3:30 pm with flexibility.
- Counselor for 7-11 year-old Program: this role is scheduled from 8:00-3:30 pm, with flexibility.
Summer Program at the Waldorf School of Lexington is an engaging program for children age three entering nursery through rising fifth grade. The program is open to families, both within and beyond the WSL community.
The program includes six individual weeks of full day and half day options for nursery through rising fifth grade, with optional early drop-off. Consistent with the mission of WSL, the program aims to cultivate in each child a sense of wonder and curiosity for the natural world, creativity, collaboration with others, and confidence to engage in new experiences.
The program offers unique crafts, group games and hiking, cooking projects, and nature-based play on campus and in the nearby meadows and forest. Mixed-age groups provide a welcome chance for new and lasting friendships across the grades. And true to the Waldorf ethos, we’ll have fun rain or shine!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in creating and providing summer programs for children to include, games, hiking, arts and crafts, music, theater, gardening, and nature studies. Having a specialty, such as circus and/or movement experience is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a professional and empathetic approach
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with children, parents, and young adults
- Good project organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively
We look forward to receiving your application! Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest, resume, and three references (written or provide contact information) addressed to Kendall Helbock, Summer Program Manager. Please send your application materials to email@example.com.