Accredited by AISNE
Summer Program Counselor
Cambridge Friends School, Cambridge, MA
Position Title: Lead Counselor
Responsible to: Summer Program Director
- Attend mandatory staff training prior to the beginning of the summer program season (paid).
- Maintain the cleanliness of classroom and shared spaces.
- Responsible for direct supervision and evaluation of Counselors.
- Supervise all children in your group and plan community time activities aligned with theme of the week.
- Inform Summer Program Director and/or Nurse of any child concerns.
- Actively participate in and supervise all activities.
- Model the Quaker testimonies: integrity, equality, simplicity, community, stewardship, and peace.
- Maintain appropriate, healthy, and supportive boundaries with students and adults.
- Maintain lines of communication between colleagues.
- Attend summer program each day from 8:15 to 3:45 each day and staff meetings as determined by Summer Program Director (one additional hour per week).
- Attend campus cleanup on August 18 (approximately 3:45 – 5:30 pm).
- Communicate time off requests or availability changes to Summer Program Director before the start of program.
Dates of Employment: June 19, 2023 – August 18, 2023
Compensation: $23 – $24 / hour
Cambridge Friends School
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School