Summer Camp Nurse/Student Camp Nurse/EMT/Certified First Aid Professional
Moses Brown School, Providence, RI
Title: Summer Camp Nurse/Student Camp Nurse/EMT/Certified First Aid Professional
Department: Auxiliary Services
Supervisor: Director of Summer and After School Programs
Status: Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Dates: Monday – Friday, end of June to middle of August- weeks negotiable
Moses Brown’s robust summer camp program includes our RISE camp program, numerous specialty sports camps, and STEM offerings. Our programs cater to children from ages 3-16 and run from early/mid June to early/mid August. All camps are located on MB’s Providence campus. As part of Moses Brown, we affirm the Quaker belief that there is an Inner Light in each person that is worthy of dignity and respect. We consider simplicity, integrity, group wisdom, and respect for differences to be paramount in helping campers of all faiths and backgrounds discover their identity and mission in the world. In its hiring practices, Moses Brown does not discriminate and seeks to maximize the diversity of the school in terms of class, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, and language.
Moses Brown is seeking an energetic and experienced nurse/health care professional to work in our Summer Day Camp program for children ages 3-16.The Summer Camp nurse will oversee the health of our campers throughout the duration of camp, evaluate and treat campers and staff for minor injuries and illnesses, supervise, administer medication, log all Health Office visits, give supportive advice to counselors and other camp staff if requested, and identify health problems serious enough to require a physician’s attention.
- Caring for the medical needs of campers and staff; providing support and first aid as needed throughout the camp day
- Review all medical information for all summer camp participants, ensuring staff and camper health examinations are current and on file
- Communicate with parents and Camp Directors on health issues and concerns
- Oversee and manage all medical supplies, and inform Director when more supplies are required
- Administer medications
- Prepare and record incident report forms accordinging to state standards and regulation, maintain accurate records of camper concerns, this involves documentation of all medication, first-aid treatment and communication for families, doctors/nurses, or other off-camp facilities.
- Attend staff orientations to review first aid and health concerns
- Support Leadership Team with potential trainings for Camp Directors and Counselors
Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Understanding of best practices and the developmental needs of campers aged 3-16
- Strong organizational skills including teamwork, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively, and diplomatically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with campers, parents, co-workers, and camp leadership, willingness to communicate clearly with staff and parents
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment and a commitment to cultural competency
- Registered Nurse, Student Nurse with a minimum of one-year clinical experience and good nursing skills or LPN/LVN or EMT certification
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Compensation is competitive and based on education and number of years of experience.
Moses Brown School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Once we have read and discussed applications, we will be in touch with select candidates to arrange interviews.