Summer Building and Grounds Helper
The Fessenden School, Newton, MA
The Fessenden School, in West Newton, MA is an all-boys independent day and boarding school serving 525 students from Pre-K to Grade 9. The School seeks to employ individuals who will share our commitment to supporting the Fessenden School’s mission to cultivate each boy’s talent and develop in balance his character, mind, and body in an inclusive and joyful community. For over 100 years, we have been committed to the education of boys, and our facilities, curriculum, and programs are designed with the necessities of boys in mind.
The Summer Building & Grounds Helper is responsible for the care and maintenance of the school grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect trash throughout campus
- Upkeep of trash compactor area
- Police all around the buildings and walkways for litter and trash
- Check and maintain swimming pools (seasonal)
- Weed, mulch, seed, mow and water plants
- Snow shoveling, sanding, and plowing (seasonal)
- Rake and disposal of leaves (seasonal)
- Furniture moving, function set ups
- June 1st to August 31st
- Monday to Friday
- 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Physical Demand and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The requirements for performing the duties of this position are as follows:
- Prolonged periods of walking, standing, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, or kneeling
- Must be physically able to operate power equipment weighing 50 to 80 pounds
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
Submit an application through Fessenden’s Career Site.