Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Position Available: Substitute Teacher
Kingsley Montessori School is a toddler through sixth grade independent school of 300 students in Boston’s historic Back Bay. Our mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens. We seek candidates who will reflect and broaden the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Kingsley’s high standards of professionalism are maintained through supportive and ongoing supervision and evaluation, development, and growth.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The Substitute Teacher requires a candidate with an open-minded, flexible, and proactive attitude. Among other duties, the Substitute Teacher will assist faculty with classes, organize materials, oversee indoor and outdoor breaks, oversee study halls, and share lunch duties. Ideal candidates will have experience working with children and interest in an independent school. The position is compensated at $20/hr and is not eligible for benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all students during all activities
- Support classroom routines and behavioral expectations
- Maintain professional communication and exhibit a receptive and open demeanor
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, bathroom and hallway monitoring, and other support duties as needed.
- College degree or current enrollment in a degree program
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, peers, coworkers, and supervisors
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING VIA EMAIL TO: Working@Kingsley.org
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
- A list of three current/past supervisors with email addresses and phone numbers
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.