Studio Art Teacher
The Bement School, Deerfield, MA
The Bement School, a kindergarten through grade nine coeducational day and boarding school in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, seeks a studio arts teacher to join a vibrant learning community with students from all over the United States and the world beginning in March 2022 through the end of the 2021-2022 school year. At Bement, the arts are one of the cornerstones of the school’s approach to learning. Our students enjoy a rigorous, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach to learning.
Candidates will be responsible for teaching a range of visual arts techniques to students at both the upper elementary and middle school levels.
The successful candidate should exhibit most of the following characteristics:
- Experience teaching a full range of visual arts media, from painting, drawing and ceramics to art history and digital arts, preferably at the elementary and middle school levels
- Familiarity with an independent boarding school either as a student or faculty member
- Willingness to collaborate across grade levels, divisions, and subject areas
- Ability to integrate technology in and meet the needs of a diverse classroom of learners
- Eagerness to participate in the full breadth of independent school life
- A sense of humor and positive outlook
The Bement School offers a competitive salary, retirement program, and full benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required; a master’s degree and at least three years of teaching experience are preferred. Bement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who represent diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to:
Toni Costa, Executive Assistant
The Bement School
P.O. Box 8
Deerfield MA 01342