Strength and Conditioning Coach
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Beaver Country Day School – an independent day school located just outside of Boston – serving grades 6-12, seeks a Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a part-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics and Fitness
Who We Are:
We are not your typical independent school. Education is not traditionally seen as forward-thinking. But that’s not the case at Beaver. Across all departments and functions, we welcome change and seek feedback to continuously improve. Our “Launch, Test, Refine” mindset promotes flexibility, risk-taking, open-mindedness, and innovation. Our business is providing a future-focused education rooted in real-world context and experience, and our clients are our students.
Beaver Athletics is looking to hire an experienced, enthusiastic and motivating Strength and Conditioning Coach. Position is 20 hours per week; Monday through Friday 2:30-5:30 p.m. and Monday through Friday, 12-1 p.m. Times and days are negotiable
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and program for varsity, sub-varsity, and middle school teams
- Teach daily strength and conditioning classes
- Assist with rehab / injured athletes
- Monitor weight room during open hours
- Assess weight room and equipment needs
- Availability to educate around basic nutrition and supplements
- Support the mission and work of the School and Athletic Department
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with various constituencies – students, coaches, faculty, parents, and visitors
- Ensure that spaces are safe and inclusive at all times
- Could include some administrative responsibilities in support of the athletic department commensurate with experience
Qualifications / Certifications Preferred:
- Experience working in a weight room, writing programs, and working with student-athletes or experience in a similar field.
Additional things to know:
- Free parking and close to the MBTA Green Line D.
- Complete vaccination against COVID-19 is currently a condition of employment at the School. The School considers requests for exemption on medical or religious grounds on a case-by-case basis. The School’s COVID-19 and other policies are subject to change at any time.