Derby Academy, Hingham, MA
Derby Academy, a Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 co-educational day school located in Hingham, Massachusetts, seeks an enthusiastic, well-qualified candidate for the full-time position of Staff Accountant.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the recording and reconciling all accounting data for Derby Academy, including payroll. This position will help lead the Business Office to successful and timely month-end close and will handle most of the purchasing and administrative tasks for the team.
- Participate in day-to-day Accounting Functions, such as month end close, reporting, and general account review.
- Maintaining, process and verify payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly billings for certain customer groups and reconcile cash receipts as needed.
- Processing of Accounts Payable invoices and preparation of payment runs including obtaining necessary invoice approvals.
- Support an efficient and accurate monthly accounting close process.
- Record journal entry transactions and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in identifying and explaining period-to-period variances.
- Assist with documentation of business processes, accounting policies, internal controls, and improving processes through automation where available.
- Other Business Office projects, as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Accounting, business, or related college degree.
- At least 1-2 years of related accounting work experience or demonstration of knowledge and abilities.
- Non-profit accounting experience (either via employment or via supporting nonprofit clients while at a public accounting firm).
- Must successfully establish employment eligibility and successfully complete background checks, including criminal background and sex offender registry checks as a condition of employment.
- Competency with basic computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Sage Intacct, Google Suite, CheckWriters, and TeamPay