Learning Prep School, Newton, MA
Learning Prep School in West Newton, MA is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented staff accountant to play a vital role in our Business Office. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position that reports to the Finance Manager and works closely with the CFO, the Executive Director, School Administrators, and Human Resources. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, has at least 2 years of experience at the staff accountant level, and is interested in working in a mission-driven nonprofit environment.
Please visit www.learningprep.org to learn more about our independent day school for students with language-based learning disabilities. We offer a competitive benefits package, great work-life balance, and a caring community of dedicated special education professionals.
Full-time employee benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan with match. We also offer subsidized childcare in our on-site EEC-certified daycare/preschool program based on availability.
All applicants should submit a resume and cover letter
Direct hires only, no recruiters please
- Process payroll and ensure all transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support Human Resources in managing and processing the 403(b) program and maintaining accurate records.
- Process all accounts payable, verifying supporting documentation, and handle all vendor correspondence.
- Coordinate the accurate processing and timely issuance of W-2s and 1099s at year end.
- Fulfill audit requests by providing supporting documentation during fiscal year end audit.
- Manage and reconcile fundraising transactions.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations. Assist with monthly closings and financial statement preparation.
- Complete various special projects to support Business Office operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- PC proficient with a working knowledge of MS Excel and accounting systems/software (QuickBooks, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with excellent oral and writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to maintain confidential records
- The ability to manage and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities
- Must be able to pass CORI, fingerprinting, and background check and provide recent, relevant professional references from managers and colleagues
About Learning Prep School: Located in West Newton, Learning Prep School is an innovative and unique non-profit school for students with significant and diverse language and learning challenges. Our students face a broad range of learning disabilities, including language-based, nonverbal and executive functioning difficulties. Understanding that language skills are the basis for all learning, LPS’s unique curriculum integrates the teaching of language skills in all subjects. LPS strives to provide specialized instruction in an inspiring, warm, supportive and emotionally safe environment. Founded in 1970, LPS is the largest independent day school serving students with disabilities from across the state.
LPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No recruiters please, direct applicants only
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year