Learning Resource Specialist
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
Learning Resource Specialist: Full-time
The special education teacher will design, plan and implement student-specific learning plans, modifications, and differentiated instruction for neurodiverse students in grades 1-12. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with the classroom teachers, Special Needs Teacher, and School Counselor to ensure the grade-level curriculum is accessible to all learners.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and implement learning plans to help students stay actively involved in learning.
- Write and present progress reports to families/caregivers regarding support their student receives.
- Work with general education teachers to ensure appropriate modifications and plans are in place.
- Create and maintain a safe, organized, well-structured environment for students.
- B.A. in special education or related field, Master of Education preferred.
- Special Education Licensure preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of experience providing special education support to K-12 students.
- Experience independently developing and implementing special education plans (e.g. IEPs)
- German language skills are helpful though not required.
- Generous Paid Time Off, including vacation, sick leave, and holidays;
- Excellent healthcare and dental benefits (50% premium covered by the school);
- Retirement account with immediate employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare, childcare, transportation/parking;
- Tuition remission for dependent children; and
- Professional development opportunities and reimbursement.
Classification: Exempt, full-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.