The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Spanish Teaching Position
The Fenn School seeks candidates for a full-time position teaching Spanish in grades six through nine. A successful candidate will be a proactive and collaborative educator who can support the mission of the School and work well with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Specific characteristics needed include strong classroom management skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in Spanish and English. Candidates should possess an understanding of the social, emotional, cognitive, and developmental aspects of sixth through ninth grade boys, as well as a familiarity with current best practices for helping boys become confident and successful Spanish students.
Fenn offers Spanish and Latin as Language options for students. Candidates who have the willingness and ability to teach beginning Latin occasionally will be preferred.
- Planning and teaching four Spanish courses in grades six through nine, possibly teaching beginning Latin
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Spanish Department
- As an advisor, support the social, emotional, and academic development of advisees in partnership with parents and the Division Head
- Athletic coaching in Fenn’s Middle School or Upper School
- Completing regular formal reporting of student performance
- Keeping the Chair of the Spanish Department and Division Heads informed about student progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience teaching Spanish in grades six through nine
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional training or experience preferred
- A love for working with adolescent boys
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work in a school setting
- A track record of successful classroom management skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues
- Proficiency with technology in support of learning
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate will, therefore, be a proactive and collaborative educator who is also committed to the manifestation of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Fenn community. The ideal candidate will be able to support Fenn’s mission in all work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Fenn strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Assistant Head of School, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.