Spanish Long-Term Substitute Teacher
Tower School, Marblehead, MA
SPANISH LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Tower School is an independent PreK-8 school located in Marblehead, MA. Our mission is to teach our students to think critically and creatively, to develop joyful curiosity, to embrace challenges and apply their knowledge with confidence, and to thrive within a community rich with diverse perspectives and talents.
Tower seeks teaching faculty who demonstrate an interest in participating fully in the life and activities of a highly engaging elementary and middle school and will contribute to furthering Tower’s mission. Successful candidates will exhibit a great work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to inspire young people.
Tower is hiring an enthusiastic and collaborative long-term substitute – January 3 to June 17, 2022 – as a Lower School Spanish teacher for grades Pre-Kindergarten through 4th grade.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Native or near native fluency in Spanish
- Enthusiasm for sharing a love of Spanish language and Hispanic cultures both in and out of the classroom
- Two or more years teaching experience in early childhood and/or elementary grades
- Teaching experience with:
- Responsive Classroom
- Multi-disciplinary curriculum
- Experience teaching and planning as part of a professional team
- Experience with formal and informal assessments
- Experience writing student progress reports and holding conferences with parents
Tower School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Tower welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. A classroom teaching position is physically demanding and qualified candidates will need to exhibit appropriate abilities. Appropriate accommodations can be made where necessary.
Please email a resume and a statement of your teaching philosophy to Patti Gillis, Academic Administrative Associate & Registrar at email@example.com.