Social Media Manager
Tabor Academy, Marion, MA
Social Media Manager
With leadership and support from the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, the Social Media Manager will work to transform social media marketing and storytelling at Tabor Academy. If you’re a creative communicator who has innovative ideas to improve customer experience and can contribute to cutting-edge projects, we want to meet you.
Tabor Academy, a selective independent coeducational boarding and day school of 515 students in grades 9-12, located on 87 acres of waterfront property on Sippican Harbor in Marion Massachusetts, is seeking Social Media Manager who will be an experienced visionary leader with exceptional skills in developing social media strategies, campaigns, and content.
The Strategic Marketing & Communications team is growing and shifting to better meet the rapidly changing needs of our school and community. We aim to be innovative, creative, and forward-thinking in how we approach solving problems and achieving goals, be it day-to-day challenges or long-term strategic initiatives. We are thought leaders looking for fellow pioneers and trailblazers who don’t want to settle for what has been done before. Help us set the standard for what it means to do great work and achieve great things.
With leadership and support from the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, this position will work to transform social media marketing and storytelling at Tabor Academy. If you’re a creative communicator who has innovative ideas to improve customer experience and can contribute to cutting-edge projects, we want to meet you. You should be comfortable working with a team juggling numerous projects and deadlines at once.
You will focus on managing the Tabor Academy social media accounts and serve as a frontline beat reporter on campus to cultivate and create interesting and timely content. You must have a strategic mind and understand how to work within a multifaceted and vocal community. Your work will support initiatives related to admission/recruiting, fundraising, academics, athletics, equity and inclusion, arts, international students, and soon, a milestone 150th anniversary. This position is a crucial partner within the SMAC team to ensure that all SMAC strategies are successful. If you’re talented in social media and a team player, we want you on our team. Yes, we want to achieve our revenue and strategic goals, but we also want to create award-winning multimedia campaigns that we are proud of, and we want to have fun while doing it all.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications
- Oversee and maintain the main Tabor Academy social media accounts, streamline the “unofficial” accounts, and provide support for approved secondary accounts
- Develop and implement social media and content strategies and ad campaigns to support/promote the school’s brand, lead-gen campaigns, retention, marketing, fundraising, and campus initiatives
- Identify, cultivate, and create high-quality content for sharing on social media and for use on the website, including articles and photos
- Partner with freelance videographers and campus photographers (students and staff) to cover events and activities for social media promotion and website use
- Interact with the community to generate positive conversations and understand audience interests, preferences, and issues
- Monitor community conversations and the Tabor brand, as well as marketplace trends
- Research social media trends and stay on top of changes that are relevant to the school
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns and measure a campaign’s performance against the KPIs; develop reports regularly
- Collaborate with SMAC Team on SEO and SEM strategies and branding initiatives
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Director
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of current social media marketing concepts, strategies, and best practices
- Demonstrated success in timely, efficient project management; organized
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Hands on experience in content management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Appreciation and demonstrated understanding of Tabor Academy’s mission and values and educational purpose; ability to adapt behavior to function effectively in the school’s culture
- Ability to create content as well as identify and generate creative content ideas
- Team player, as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work through issues with ease
- Sense of humor, especially when things go wrong
- Quick to learn new technology
- Passion for education and lifelong learning
- Years of Experience – 5-7 years relevant experience with proven track record for success
- Education – bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, communications, or similar, and/or current certifications in social media/digital marketing
This is a new, full-time, year-round, exempt position and an immediate opening.