Social Justice Educator
The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
The Rashi School, the Boston Area’s Reform Jewish Independent School, serving students in grades Pre-K-8 seeks a Social Justice Educator for the 2023-2024 school year. Reporting to the Dean of Jewish Learning, the Social Justice Educator will work in collaboration with the Director of Social Justice to continue to grow and develop the Social Justice Program. In our warm and inclusive community, children are appreciated for who they are as they learn and develop their identities. With the school’s foundation of rigorous academics and differentiated instruction and a mission rooted in the Jewish call to social justice, we want our students to ask the tough questions—not just the facts, but the how, why, and what can I do to fix it? Rashi graduates have the confidence to try new things and to fail forward. With kindness and compassion at their core, they become empowered learners, change agents, global Jewish citizens, and good friends.
- Help develop and implement age-appropriate learning opportunities and cultivate advocacy skills that center on broad social justice themes including racial justice, inclusion, and diversity; and specific issues such as climate change, immigration and refugees, and hunger. All opportunities integrate Jewish and secular learning and values.
- Write lesson plans and teach in Pre-K-Grade 8 classrooms.
- Help lead school-wide social justice initiatives.
- Envision the opportunities for growth of social justice at Rashi, and help create and launch new social justice endeavors.
- Build new community partnerships and strengthen existing relationships in collaboration with the Director of Social Justice.
- Spotlight social justice learning and hands-on experiences of Rashi students through regular blog posting for the Rashi community.
- Participate in shared school duties set by the Assistant Head of School for Academic Operations.
- Passionate about social justice
- Continuous learner
- Open to feedback
- Strong communicator
- Active listener
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Belief in Rashi’s Mission and Core Values
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
- 3 years teaching in a school setting with grades Pre-K-8
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Able to sit, stand, type, twist, bend.
- Able to use telephone and computers.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
Rashi is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Guided by our core values of justice, respect, learning, community, and spirit, and with social justice as a foundational cornerstone of our school, we are committed to building an inclusive community that honors and respects each individual, their varied identities, and their spirit. We seek to listen, learn, and grow together to ensure that we are a place in which all community members can thrive. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, including age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.