Senior Technology Support Specialist
Ursuline Academy, Dedham, MA
Ursuline Academy seeks a full-time Senior Technology Support Specialist to provide daily support of academic and administrative software applications, classroom technology equipment, and as well as end-user equipment, training, and professional development. Additionally, this position assists in maintaining and supporting network servers, campus wireless, and other peripherals. The position requires exceptional independent analysis, oral and written communication, problem-solving, and project management skills.
The individual will be able to prioritize among multiple demands, have meticulous attention to detail, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and be self-motivated. This position requires interaction with a variety of users – students and parents, faculty and administrators, and vendors so it is critical to have excellent communication and listening skills to develop and maintain these relationships.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will embrace a willingness to learn about and fully support the mission of the school.
- Monitor and maintain the Helpdesk by promptly responding to tickets and ad-hoc requests for support of hardware and software applications
- Develop professional development workshops relating to classroom technology as well as administrative technology (software applications and hardware)
- Provide technical training for students, faculty, and staff throughout the year
- Maintain technical support internal website with documentation, how-to-videos, relevant website recommendations, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the technology plan and initiatives
- Work closely with the technology staff as needed for assignments, direction, and prioritization of projects
- Research and recommend emerging technologies for both administrators and faculty
- Support of VOIP system and application management training
- Support of campus WiFi system, device monitoring, and application monitoring
- Assistance with campus security devices and applications and other system applications
- Provide Audio/Visual support for UA events, on and off campus during school hours as well as evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in information systems and/or computer science
- 5 years experience working as an IT Technology Specialist with substantial knowledge of Student Information Systems, Google Workspace For Education Plus, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, E-text fulfillment and management, Smart Notebook, and other educational applications
- 3-5 years experience in maintaining and troubleshooting technical issues related to Windows OS, MacOS, and iOS on various devices – laptops, desktops, iPads, interactive displays, and video conferencing resources and devices, creating best practices, and network management
- All prospective employees must be able to adequately clear a background check
- Experience in an independent school or higher education working with both administrative staff and faculty, as well as students is a plus
- Audio Visual support experience
- Google IT Support Certification, ISTE Certification