Senior Manager of IT
Berkshire Country Day School, West Stockbridge, MA
Berkshire Country Day School seeks an energetic and creative professional with IT and technology experience to lead the School’s upgrades in and use of technology
throughout the School’s operations. This position will be a member of the administrative team and an integral member of the School community. This on-site position is both forward-thinking and hands-on, with the Senior Manager providing recommendations for best practices for school technology and operations. As a small school community, we are looking for a confident and collaborative colleague with knowledge and/or familiarity with the following position description:
- Install, upgrade and maintain server software and hardware for computers and servers on campus. Implement and manage virtual images on the servers as
needed. Create and maintain server backups.
- Oversee SonicWall configuration, monitoring, report generation, and rules (allows and blocks). Configure reporting and review for internet usage and
Manage and update Cisco and Ubiquiti software and configuration for wireless access points, switches, bridges, UniFi wireless controllers, phones, network, and
- Maintain the phone system, phone extensions, and programming
- Manage the use of PCs, MACs, and all computer inventory on campus, repairing and replacing as needed. Update software, perform Microsoft OS upgrades and performance-tune computers, and run antivirus and malware scans.
- Maintain application software and updates for Follett/Destiny, Typing Club, Symantec, and any other applications acquired by BCD. Manage licensing and renewals for all products and domains.
- Manage Google Education Suite, including the maintenance of the employee directory and Gmail school population. Build and maintain security groups in the
active directory and manage a majority of email groups. Maintain file permission on the servers.
- Manage VPN and DCHP reservations, if required.
- Implement and manage the use of FACTS Admission and Enrollment Administration software, currently being implemented, and other software products as needed.
- Manage the student information system, Sycamore, including student registration, school year configurations, generation of transcripts and report cards, and other regular administrative functions.
Academic and Administrative Support
- Provide ongoing support to administration, faculty, staff and students. Register faculty and student devices annually and monitor wireless networks for unauthorized devices. Train faculty and staff to use equipment and applications including Google Education Suite, Sycamore, projectors, audio equipment, Apple TV’s, etc.
- Maintain oversight of the library catalog system.
- Manage set-up of some school calendars.
- Manage School system of printers, including the replacement of printers, toners, and drivers as needed. Report on monthly usage of leased printers.
- Provide immediate response for a wide range of potential issues including and not limited to server crashes; power and phone outages; computer, ethernet, wireless failures; bandwidth, APC or fiber connection failures; and, of course,printer problems.
Required Skills & Capacities
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Three to five years of experience, preferably in an independent school or other not-for-profit environment.
- Superior organizational skills, analytical skills, and a detail-oriented work style.
- Proficient in school systems. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google workplace.
Community and Professional Life
We are not only a school, we are a community. Feeling supported in your professional development and personal growth and well-being is one of the greatest benefits we offer our faculty and staff. Of course, we provide traditional and non-traditional benefits including:
- A beautiful campus, set on 26 acres including a pond and trails, located across the street from the Stockbridge Bowl
- Tuition remission for children of full-time employees
- Full portfolio of employee benefits including:
- 403(b) matching if currently enrolled in a plan
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Professional development assistance
As a condition of employment, all employees who are employed with the school are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such
vaccination. To apply for a medical or religious exemption, please share this information with your CV.