Senior Communications Manager
Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Notre Dame Academy – Hingham, an all-female college prep high school educating young women in
grades 7-12, is seeking a Senior Communications Manager with high energy, a creative spirit, and a passion for empowering young women. Notre Dame Academy is a vibrant, Catholic learning community, sponsored by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The Academy guides young women in their personal faith formation, challenges students to pursue academic excellence, and encourages social responsibility on behalf of global justice.
The Senior Communications Manager supports Notre Dame Academy’s integrated communications initiatives aimed at elevating/advancing the school’s brand and reputation and help to increase awareness, enrollment, fundraising, affinity, and community engagement.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing and works collaboratively with a diverse team including admission, advancement, events, academic departments, the Billiart Leadership Institute, alumnae and parent relations, and athletics.
The Office of Communications and Marketing supports the school’s mission and strategic plan by building brand awareness, establishing and growing social media presence and engagement and implementing effective integrated marketing and communications strategies. The Senior Communications Manager fulfills a central role in helping the team accomplish these goals.
- Content creation
- Seamless, strong, fluid communications with key stakeholders
Components of Responsibility
- Content Development: Develop and design compelling multimedia content across NDA’s digital marketing channels to support brand awareness and building, recruitment, fundraising, community-building, and student experience and alumnae engagement. This may include: websites, email blasts, newsletters, videos, photography, social media posts and ads, illustrations and print collateral.
- Develop multimedia strategies and creative campaigns, leveraging all communications outlets, for major school initiatives, including open house, reunion, and fundraising events. Collaborate with academic departments and the dean of students to source user-generated content that can be remarketed on institutional channels.
- Project Management: Work closely with cross-functional teams to manage workflow and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Day-to-day includes project trafficking, securing and processing feedback and approvals, organizing content changes, and acting as overall knowledge base for all project assignments. Ensure digital and print production quality control according to school and industry standards.
- Social Media Marketing: Spearhead the overall social media marketing efforts for Notre Dame Academy by developing a multimedia strategy and maintaining the school’s online
- presence across social media outlets to engage new and current audiences. Ideally, you will bring your knowledge of emerging digital and social media trends, creativity, and mastery with Adobe Creative Suite and content management systems like Finalsite and Hootsuite.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of experience planning, developing and implementing a wide range of communications tactics and practices, including graphic design, content development, web design, social media, videography and photography and brand building.
- Exceptional design and creative skills, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite focusing primarily on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Clear understanding of and ability to build and expand a brand’s social media presence, engaging and growing audiences and developing innovative content (including for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Sound project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree (design, communications, marketing, or related field preferred)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an educational or other nonprofit environment
- Microsoft Office 365 suite, including SharePointSe
- Finalsite or other CMS/digital marketing platform
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Building and growing social media channels
- Videography and video editing
- Strong writing skills
*Notre Dame Academy seeks to create a working and learning environment that reflect the society and community in which we are located, and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.