Senior Associate Director of Admission
Thayer Academy, Braintree, MA
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with all admissions events including Open Houses, receptions, school fairs, and other outreach efforts
- Host and interview students and parents visiting campus; read and assess applications; and meet with admissions committees
- Support the school in the recruitment of BIPOC student candidates
- Foster and maintain relationships with schools and organizations such as Steppingstone, ABC, etc.
- Continue to nurture relationships with Boston schools such as Beacon Academy, Mother Caroline Academy, Nativity Prep, Epiphany
- Collaborate with DEI organizations on campus
- Recruitment and support of International Students
- Engage in ongoing admissions professional development with AISNE, EMA, etc.
- Serve as an athletic coach for one or more seasons
- A bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years admissions experience
- Experience in outreach and developing relationship with organizations, schools, and community groups, especially in non-traditional areas
- Passion for working with Middle and High School adolescents, with an ability to build relationships
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in relationships with members of the school community
- Experience working with International Students preferred
- Comfort and experience with technology in an educational setting
- Experience in working with data to drive admission efforts
- Willingness to work as part of a team in a collaborative department
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with students and families
Please email your resume, cover letter, educational philosophy statement, and the names and contact information for three references including two present or past supervisors to Jon White, Director of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org).