Science Teacher, Grades 7-9
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Fay School seeks a dynamic and flexible individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage middle school children in the appreciation of scientific concepts and skills. Building on Fay’s existing science program, this teacher will collaborate with colleagues and teach courses in grade seven through grade nine: life science, physical science, and/or biology. A strong background in physical science is preferred.
Our faculty pursue differentiated and developmentally aligned models of teaching and learning, use instructional technology effectively, and are attuned to the social and emotional development of young students. This position is full time with benefits. Campus housing is available.
As a member of the Upper School faculty, the Science Teacher is an advisor to groups of seventh through ninth grade students. He or she will coach or lead other afternoon duties and perform residential life duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering appropriate materials, lessons, and regular assessments to students in grades 7-9 using a variety of teaching strategies
- Effectively using technology to enhance instruction
- Assessing students’ performance by issuing grades and writing comments
- Conducting parent conferences and communicating effectively with parents
- Attending team and department meetings, and major school events as required
- As an advisor, being a primary point of contact for communication with parents
- Performing two trimesters of afternoon duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree in science, science education, education, or a related field is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred. Candidates must have at least three years of teaching experience, preferably in a middle school setting. Fay School seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school.
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume containing a list of three references via our secure employment application portal
Fay School, 48 Main Street, Southborough, MA 01772
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.