Cambridge Montessori School, Cambridge, MA
School Psychologist (15-20 hours per week)
Located in the heart of Cambridge, MA, Cambridge Montessori School is a coeducational independent day school currently enrolling students from toddler through grade eight. Since 1963, CMS has served Cambridge and surrounding towns. CMS is a dynamic, international community, which reflects the diverse culture and rich educational resources of the region and enrolls students from over 20 different countries. Cambridge Montessori School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools in New England, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and Montessori Schools of Massachusetts. CMS educates the whole child, applying the Montessori philosophy in a joyful learning environment. We partner with our diverse community, using authentic Montessori principles, to reveal each child’s innate love of learning and prepare our children to thrive in a complex world.
Cambridge Montessori School is seeking a licensed School Psychologist to work with students, families and teachers. The school psychologist will partner with the learning support specialist whose job is to support the needs of those students requiring supplemental academic instruction for mild to moderate learning needs. The School psychologist and learning support team provides students with extra academic, social, or emotional/behavioral assistance.
The school psychologist will work closely with classroom teachers and families to communicate student’s progress. The school psychologist will conduct screenings to assess needs of the child and would support students and teachers in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Experience using Orton-Gillingham, Wilson Foundations or other multi-sensory approaches to reading, spelling and writing instruction is preferred.
- Montessori experience is preferred.
- This position is for the 2022-2023 academic year, September through June.
Our school is located in three buildings (Toddler/Primary, Elementary, and Middle School) all close to beautiful Danehy Park offering ample outdoor opportunities for our students and staff. We work to incorporate regular interactions between our staff and students in all three buildings. We have an active family association and community events are regularly scheduled throughout the year.
Professional Development and Training
- CPR certification training will be provided to all new staff who do not have existing and/or current certification
- Professional development opportunities are scheduled and available to all staff throughout the school year
- Montessori philosophy and pedagogy training provided during orientation week and throughout the school year.
- Membership to the American Montessori Society is provided and staff members are encouraged to take advantage of the resources and opportunities that membership offers.
- Parking is provided
- All three of our buildings are convenient to MBTA transit via bus and the red line (Alewife, Porter, and Davis stations)
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Blake Johnson, Director of Elementary and Middle School Programs
Cambridge Montessori School is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working-class backgrounds. All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws. CMS is a non-sectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or cultural origin, sexual orientation, family style, political belief, or disability in the administration of its admissions, financial assistance, education or employment practices.