Rocky Hill Country Day School, East Greenwich, RI
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks a highly qualified School Nurse for a 12-month position. This is a full-time position with the possibility for part-time, if desired.
Rocky Hill Country Day students build competencies in thinking critically, navigating the world ethically, and communicating intentionally in order to discover their full selves and use their wisdom for good. We focus on an interactive, inquiry-based educational experience, mindfulness, and meaningful relationships with adults on campus. Our multifaceted student body is made up of domestic and international students, and our intentionally small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Rocky Hill students and faculty wrestle with necessary, candid conversations in equity and belonging, both to build the school community we strive to have and to prepare students for the world they will shape. Overlooking acres of saltwater marsh on the magnificent coast of Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day School’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions, nursery through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day School graduates are bold learners, prepared to navigate a complex and changing world.
The School Nurse will:
- provide clinical nurse services for the Nursery-12 student population.
- possess an understanding of child development and be familiar with, or be willing to learn, best practices and trends in nursing in an educational setting.
- design plans of care for students with life threatening medical conditions in consultation with their families and outside medical team.
- serve as the nurse for RHCD summer camp.
- possess strength in organization and attention to detail while serving as a model of confidentiality, collegiality, respect, and integrity.
- communicate with families about their child’s healthcare needs, including tracking records and physicals.
- arrange for site based events such as hearing screening, flu clinics, and bloodborne pathogen training.
- serve as liaison with the RI Department of Health.
Candidates must be a Registered Nurse. This opportunity requires excellent strategies and skills in communication, collaboration, and organization with an appreciation for confidentiality, equity, belonging, and professional growth.
Start date: Immediately
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in nursery through grade 12. To learn more about our community, please visit www.rockyhill.org. Our waterfront campus is on the Potowomut peninsula and offers a unique setting, where students and faculty alike demonstrate a sense of energy, imagination, and entrepreneurial spirit. Rocky Hill Country Day School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty and staff, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender identity, or caste. We seek individuals committed to the equity and belonging work we engage in as we continually strive to improve.
Please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.