The Fenn School, Concord, MA
The Fenn School
Part-time School Nurse Position
The Fenn School is a private, independent boys’ day school located in Concord, MA which provides a balanced program of academics, athletics, and the arts for boys in grades 4-9.
Position Available: The Fenn school seeks candidates for the current position of part-time school nurse. This is a 2022-2023 academic year position consisting of 20-25 hours per week with days and times to be determined and with some flexibility. The part-time school nurse reports to the administrator of health services and works in collaboration with Fenn colleagues to advance the health, safety, well-being and learning of all students. The part-time school nurse must demonstrate sound clinical judgment in managing systems for prevention, identification, and treatment of health related considerations.
- Assist with coordinating the daily operations of the Fenn Health Office. Administer routine medical care, dispense medication, and provide first aid treatment to all students according to physician orders and school policy.
- Provide emergency care and follow up as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to private health information.
- Maintain and monitor compliance with current state immunization and health assessment requirements, as well as school policies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and reports according to professional nursing standards, school policies and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults.
- Ability to multitask and effectively triage emergency situations.
- Strong ethics and the ability to handle sensitive information and situations discreetly with complete confidentiality are required.
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate closely with colleagues to contribute to the Fenn community.
- Must support the school’s mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion and display an understanding of cultural competence. The school is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Current RN license in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
- Experience with Type 1 Diabetes management required.
- Experience using SNAP or other electronic medical record systems.
- A minimum of two years of nursing experience with a concentration in pediatrics, school nursing, primary care or community nursing.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Fenn offers a highly competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume to Alison Flanagan, Administrator of Health Services, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.