School Library Media Specialist
Learning Prep School, Newton, MA
Learning Prep School is eagerly seeking a part-time Library Media Specialist to join our faculty. The ideal candidate will have a Massachusetts School Library certification and experience working with students with language-based learning disabilities and managing assistive technology. We hope to welcome our new Library Media Specialist as soon as possible!
Please visit our website to learn more about our school. We offer great work-life balance and a caring community of dedicated special education professionals.
Part-time employee benefits include paid time off (sick and personal days), a 10-month school schedule with summers off, and 403(b) retirement plan with match. We also offer subsidized childcare in our on-site EEC-certified daycare/preschool program based on availability.
All applicants should submit a resume and cover letter
Direct hires only, no recruiters please
- Valid Massachusetts Library Media Specialist certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a school library media setting preferred
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Goal: To support, extend and individualize the school’s educational program by ensuring that all members of the school community have equitable access to all types of media.
- Manages the library media center, to include the building and maintaining of educational resources, the scheduling of use, and the running of all daily operation systems.
- Participates in appropriate school-wide professional development and outreach to ensure the integration of these services and resources in classroom instruction.
- Designs, implements, and shares educational resources to facilitate the development of media an information services in the school.
- Maintains an environment that promotes the joy of reading, invites inquiry, and enables intellectual productivity.
- Remains current on the latest library/media specialist best practices.
Work Year: Follows our 10-month school calendar
Note: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
About Learning Prep School: Located in West Newton, Learning Prep School is an innovative and unique non-profit school for students with significant and diverse language and learning challenges. Our students face a broad range of learning disabilities, including language-based, nonverbal and executive functioning difficulties. Understanding that language skills are the basis for all learning, LPS’s unique curriculum integrates the teaching of language skills in all subjects. LPS strives to provide specialized instruction in an inspiring, warm, supportive and emotionally safe environment.
LPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our unique school, please visit our website
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $33,000.00 – $36,000.00 per year