Sabbatical Replacement: Science Teacher
Thayer Academy, Braintree, MA
Thayer Academy’s Upper School seeks a student-focused collaborator to teach in its Upper School Science Department, for the 2023-24 school year. This full-time, one-year position includes instructing four Science classes (AP Biology and Integrated Science) and participating in the life of the school with students through advising, coaching and/or supervising student activities
Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach four sections of Science (AP Biology and Integrated Science). Note: Since 2017, Thayer’s Science Department has taught Integrated Science I and Integrated Science II as the required ninth and tenth grade science courses.
- Advise a group of 7-8 students.
- Contribute to the school community as an athletic coach (preferred) and/or leader of student activities.
- Apply inclusive classroom practices that value the humanity of all students
- Participate in professional growth opportunities
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Biology or related field; strong background in other science fields.
- 3-5 years teaching experience at the high school level
- Passion for working with adolescents
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the classroom, in curriculum, and in relationships with members of the school community
- High level of comfort and experience with technology in an educational setting
- Willingness to work on a team in a collaborative department
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, their families, and colleagues
Thayer encourages applications from candidates who support the Academy’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment.