Registrar and Academic Office Coordinator
Pingree School, Hamilton, MA
Pingree School seeks to hire a registrar/academic office coordinator to begin in the 2022-2023 school year. The registrar will be a full time member of the Office of Academic Affairs and will be primarily responsible for building the schedule, registering students in courses, and the management of student records including transcripts and report cards. The registrar/academic office coordinator works with the associate head of school and the director of academic planning and college counseling particularly with regards to administrative support for the office of academic affairs. The registrar/academic office coordinator is a 12 month, full time position reporting to the associate head of school. The registrar sits on the curriculum committee and the department chairs committee and other ad-hoc committees as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include:
Manage course scheduling and enrollment
- Coordinate the course recommendation, course request, and registration processes with the director of academic planning.
- Update shared Course Catalog and course descriptions in Veracross.
- Build the master schedule and enroll students in classes.
- Build the master grid of classes, blocks and classroom assignments.
- Work with students, advisors and faculty to resolve scheduling issues and schedule changes.
Manage academic documents including report cards and transcripts
- Oversee the grading system for reporting mid-term and end of trimester grades, comments and standards.
- Publish appropriate progress reports or report cards.
- Post honor roll at the end of each trimester.
- Maintain transcripts in Veracross.
- Send academic communication about report cards and academic warning.
Oversee all academic content in Veracross
- Updating enrollments for advisory classes, grade level classes, house classes.
- Managing rotation calendar, daily schedule and special schedules.
Support and manage the work of the Office of Academic Affairs
- Schedule meetings and manage the calendar for the associate head of school.
- Coordinate the annual academic calendar.
- Attend and record meeting notes for CC, Department Chair and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with Academic Office responsibilities including implementation of program changes, exam logistics, and other projects as needed.
- Run reports on data around section sizes, staffing needs, grade reports and distribution.
- Coordinate book purchasing with department chairs and vendors.
- Engage in program planning and visioning education for the future.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be best suited for this position:
- Prior experience working in a secondary school setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism work and the vision to examine policies and practices through the lens of equity.
- Enjoys puzzles and excels at detail-oriented work while capable of seeing the big picture.
- Experience with scheduling.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Veracross, Google suite for education, Excel, and Canvas.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment on a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Has strong communication skills and is comfortable communicating clearly and effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
- Possesses the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Brings a positive attitude and progressive mindset about the future of secondary education.
- Finds joy in the balance between detail-oriented administrative tasks and the human work of schools.