Registrar and Academic Office Coordinator
Pingree School, Hamilton, MA
Pingree School is a dynamic and aspirational, independent, all-gender day school on the North Shore of Boston, located on a beautiful 100-acre campus in South Hamilton, where approximately 385 students in grades 9 through 12 solve problems, build community, and learn how to learn. Pingree School empowers every community member to pursue knowledge with courage and imagination, thrive in joy and challenge, and create a more just and equitable world. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Pingree seeks to hire a registrar/academic office coordinator to begin at the start of the 2023-2024 academic year or earlier. The registrar/academic office coordinator will be a full time member of the Office of Academic Affairs and will be primarily responsible for building the schedule, registering students in courses, and the management of student records including transcripts and report cards. The registrar/academic office coordinator works with the associate head of school and the director of academic planning and college counseling particularly with regards to administrative support for the office of academic affairs. The registrar/academic office coordinator is a 12 month, full time position reporting to the associate head of school. The registrar sits on the curriculum committee and the department chairs committee and other ad-hoc committees as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include:
Manage course scheduling and enrollment.
- Coordinate the course recommendation, course request, and registration processes with the director of academic planning.
- Build and update the Course Catalog annually and post course descriptions in Veracross.
- Build the main schedule and enroll students in classes.
- Build the main grid of classes, blocks and classroom assignments.
- Work with students, parents, advisors and faculty to resolve scheduling issues and schedule changes.
Manage academic documents including report cards and transcripts.
- Maintain transcripts in Veracross.
- Oversee the grading system for reporting mid-term and end of trimester grades, comments and standards.
- Publish appropriate progress reports or report cards.
- Post honor roll at the end of each trimester.
- Send academic communication about report cards and academic warning.
Oversee all academic content in our student information system, Veracross.
- Update enrollments for advisory classes, grade level classes, house classes.
- Manage rotation calendar, daily schedule and special schedules.
Support and manage the work of the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Schedule meetings and manage the calendar for the associate head of school.
- Coordinate the annual academic calendar.
- Attend and record meeting notes for CC, Department Chair and other meetings as needed.
- Assist with Academic Office responsibilities including implementation of program changes, examand capstone project logistics, and other projects as needed.
- Run reports on data around section sizes, staffing needs, grade reports and distribution.
- Coordinate book purchasing with department chairs and vendors.
- Engage in program planning and visioning education for the future.
- Coordinate with other administrative offices in the school including admission, communication, translation services, college counseling, and department chairs.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be best suited for this position:
- Prior experience working in a secondary school setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and anti-racism work and the vision to examine policies and practices through the lens of equity.
- Enjoys puzzles and excels at detail-oriented work while capable of seeing the big picture.
- Experience with scheduling.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Veracross, Google suite for education, Excel, and Canvas.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment on a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Has strong communication skills and is comfortable communicating clearly and effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
- Possesses the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Brings a positive attitude and progressive mindset about the future of secondary education.
- Finds joy in the balance between detail-oriented administrative tasks and the human work of schools.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics, natural or protective hairstyle, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references.