Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
About Bancroft School
Through active, inquiry-based learning and challenging experiences, Bancroft School empowers students in grades PreK to 12 with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make a difference in their community and the world. Guided by outstanding teachers, curious learners engage with one another and celebrate the strengths and lived experiences of each individual. Bancroft School seeks to be the first choice for students and families seeking to own their journey to mastery and independence in an inclusive campus where each individual is safe, known, and valued.
Bancroft is located in Worcester, Massachusetts — a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, Bancroft’s 30-acre campus is in a residential neighborhood just north of downtown. Our 400 students from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts represent a variety of different backgrounds that contribute to a unique and diverse learning environment.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125 — a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus upgrades to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety. Other major campus enhancements have included the creation of flexible, multi-functional learning spaces in the areas of performing arts, athletics, and technology.
Bancroft seeks a part-time school nurse to support the work of the School’s Health Services Department. This position averages 15 plus hours per week and is compensated at an hourly rate.
- 15+ hours per week
- Approximately 2:00-6:00 pm with availability to come in earlier and stay later as needed
- Some off-campus travel required
- This is a non-benefited position
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that is accountable for the well-being and academic success of students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct nursing care to students, faculty and staff while covering the health services in the absence of the Director.
- Record details of visits with students, staff, and faculty; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
- Provide medically prescribed interventions. Nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician and administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications.
- Triage acute and chronic conditions and provide nursing care and treatment based on findings.
- Initiate emergency procedures for students, faculty and staff as needed when on duty.
- Maintain a seamless transition of care with accurate documentation of individual student visits to the Health Center and communicate effectively with the Director of Health Services.
- Perform daily office tasks and other duties as assigned during coverage of the Health Center.
- Must have a valid license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Massachusetts (M.G.L. c.71, s. 53).
- Hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university program in nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- Maintain certification in BLS for healthcare providers (basic life support) from a recognized provider (i.e. American Heart Association, American Red Cross).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in nursing, preferably in pediatrics, school health or public health.
- Knowledge of and ability to proficiently use Google Suite (gmail, drive, docs, sheets, etc).
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize electronic medical records (EMR) and databases preferrable SNAP Health Center.
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community beyond the classroom, with interest in supporting extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and other programs.
Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org