Program Manager for Parent Advancement
Lawrence Academy, Groton, MA
Job Description Summary/Objective
The Program Manager for Parent Advancement will report directly to the Director of Parent
Advancement and is responsible for establishing and managing successful relationships that result
in increased parent connection to the school through program planning and execution. The role is
important to fulfilling the school’s mission and vision as it relates to engaging returning and new
families and building community trust through the Parents’ Association. A purpose of the
Parents’ Association is to promote a sense of community among the parents, students, faculty, and
administration. The Program Manager will oversee Parents’ Association engagement
opportunities, meetings, and provide program direction for future events. They will also be
responsible for defining, evaluating, and analyzing the effectiveness of parent engagement
initiatives on attendance and participation, and serve as a liaison to the Office of the Head of
School on the aforementioned.
• Coordinate with leadership in development and execute annual parent program calendar of
events including but not limited to fall class dinners, fall family weekend, grandparent day,
and volunteer appreciation dinner.
• Manage non-fundraising Parents’ Association initiatives, including virtual and in-person
monthly meetings, fall registration days, LAMP receptions, parent holiday party, faculty &
staff appreciation day, and theatre receptions.
• Responsible for developing meeting and program materials, training, and committee
• Collaborate with the Director of Parent Advancement on branding, communications,
meetings, stewardship, and event logistics of the annual Parents’ Association Spring
• Plan and implement logistics for events to include securing venues, equipment, catering,
marketing, and registration processes, and identifying technology and support
• Ensure that the program approach is inclusive in design and execution and honors diverse
family structures. Regularly assess program elements to ensure efficacy.
• Coordinate with Communications to maintain the Parent Portal and website content, and
collaborate to create engaging social media content.
• Perform administrative tasks which consist of correspondence, composing and maintaining
external lists, mailings, internal documents, and processes.
Qualifications & Skills
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in managing committees, large-scale program
management, multi-tasks initiatives, or other directly related professional experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and
• Demonstrated history of teamwork and office collaboration to support shared goals
• Volunteer management, event logistics, and leadership experience
• Goal-oriented, self-starter with strong time management, organizational, and planning
skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with
a wide range of constituents
• High attention to detail
• Local travel as needed related to engagement events
• Occasional weekend and evening commitments
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar development database
• High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office is required with proficiency in Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Candidates will be required to complete criminal records, sexual offender records, driving
records, and Massachusetts fingerprinting checks