Primary Lead Teacher
Riverbend School, Natick, MA
Primary Lead Teacher
Riverbend School, an innovative Toddler-8th Grade Montessori community, seeks a full-time Primary Lead Teacher to begin on August 29, 2022. This a 10-month position and is benefits-eligible. Riverbend School prides itself on its diverse and gender-inclusive staff and student population and welcomes candidates from a variety of races, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
Scope of Work:
Montessori classroom instruction for ages 3-6
Design and prepare an inviting Montessori environment using a full complement of Montessori materials as well as supplemental materials. Prepare for the cognitive, social/emotional, and physical achievement of children as well as for their safety and well-being. Work as a team with an assistant or co-lead teacher to provide a consistent, predictable school environment and experience for students. Work in partnership with families to bridge home and school; providing support, suggestions, and warm interactions to benefit the child’s early education years.
- Demonstrate competency with Montessori philosophy and methods
- Prepare an environment in which furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the class.
- Careful monitoring of the rotation of materials throughout the school year to continually meet the cognitive, social/emotional, and physical needs of children.
- Set clear/consistent expectations for class routines and classroom community goals
- Observation and record-keeping of each student to ensure individual cognitive, social, emotional, and physical goals are reached
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 (Primary) Montessori certification
- Clear CORI and MA fingerprinting
Commitment to DEIJ:
Riverbend School is committed to becoming an anti-bias and anti-racist community. All candidates must be committed to furthering this work by embracing differences; exploring and affirming the identities and intersections of all which include race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomics, social class, family structures, learning differences, and differences in ability. Candidates must be comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
Riverbend School is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment. Riverbend strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, or any other class protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees of Riverbend School are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.