Mount Alvernia Academy, Newton, MA
Mount Alvernia Academy, a Franciscan Catholic School (Coed Preschool – Sixth Grade) is seeking a creative, caring, full-time Prekindergarten Teacher for the 2022-2023 academic year. Experience working with young children and a solid knowledge of early childhood development is required.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop written lesson plans and teach scheduled learning activities.
- Ability to implement a challenging, age-appropriate curriculum.
- Foster a positive and healthy learning environment.
- Create effective learning experiences for all students through instruction and use of learning materials and equipment; use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Encourage creative thinking and learning.
- Vary instructional techniques to address individual learning styles; facilitate use of critical thinking, problem solving and creativity skills
- Collaborate with other teachers to share knowledge and resources that enhance student learning.
- Implement a coordinated behavior management system in favor of excellent behavior management, and practice current social and emotional support techniques on a daily basis.
- Work closely with Classroom Aides in a team-teaching atmosphere for classroom activities and share pertinent information, suggestions or ideas on a regular basis.
- Participates in conferences, staff meetings and professional development.
- Communicate with parents regarding child development and progress.
Bachelor’s degree and MA Certification required.
Mount Alvernia Academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices (consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Barbara McLaughlin, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.