PreK/Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
Charles River School, Dover, MA
Charles River School, located just 16 miles west of Boston, is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school in Dover, MA. CRS nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic, creative early childhood educator to assist in a combined PreKindergarten/Kindergarten class. The PreK/K classroom environment at CRS is Reggio-inspired and constructivist at its core. The successful candidate will work with the PreK/K Co-Teachers to help implement a thematic curriculum that honors children’s developmental pace and includes language arts, math, science, and social-emotional skills.
- Providing support to students in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Participating as a full member of the CRS faculty (e.g., participating in recess and carpool duties, attending weekly meetings, serving on a faculty committee, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of child development
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who will contribute and are committed to a diverse school community and inclusive educational practices. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (firstname.lastname@example.org).