The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical, and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Park School seeks a dynamic, flexible, patient, and technologically adept PreK Associate Teacher for immediate hire, lasting through the end of the 2021-22 academic year. The PreK Associate Teacher is a member of the School’s Lower Division and reports to the Head of the Lower Division. This position works with all teachers in a specific grade level to offer classroom and administrative support, empowering teachers to focus on delivering high-quality, differentiated instruction. This position is responsible for non-instructional duties, such as overseeing recess, preparing instructional materials for teacher use, and helping the grade-level team coordinate materials and meetings.
- Support the Head Teacher to facilitate lessons in all subject areas
- Collaborate with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to keep multiculturalism and diversity as a priority of curricular work and curriculum development
- Demonstrate a passion for lifelong learning; pursue professional development in all areas of Early Childhood education
- Guide students in their social-emotional development, maintaining expectations and support for positive and productive student behavior
- Respectfully engage with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, family configurations, and beliefs.
- Assist with documenting student learning with photos and videos
- Participate in weekly Grade Level team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience teaching, preferably Pre-K level
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally diverse community
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated technology skills, familiarity with Seesaw and other educational technology tools preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills, a positive attitude that allows one to cooperate and collaborate effectively with others
- Please visit Park’s career page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, teaching, and the names of three to five references including two present or past supervisors.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.