Pre-K Assistant Teacher
Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Newton, MA
Schechter Boston is looking for a dynamic and engaging Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher (full time) for the 2022-2023 academic year. The hours are from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
The Assistant Teacher (AT) provides support to classroom teachers by working with students individually and in small groups. The AT spends most of the school day providing direct educational support to students. The remaining time will be used for preparing classroom materials, planning, record keeping and any other duties as assigned. The last hour of the work day, the Assistant Teacher will support the After School program, working with students in grades PreK-3 to further their experience. The Assistant Teacher reports to the Team Lead PreK-1.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Teacher certification and at least two years of classroom experience, preferred.
Pay & Benefits:
- We thrive to provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that supports our faculty and staff, including: health insurance, prescription drug benefit, vision, healthcare/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA), long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) with employer matching, tuition reduction for employees’ children, paid holidays, sick time and personal time, and early dismissal on Fridays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School:
Schechter Boston creates a Jewish educational experience where each child, 15 months through eighth grade, will be known, belong, be engaged, be inspired and be prepared. Faculty, staff and students at Schechter benefit from a highly collaborative, mutually supportive environment in which each person’s individual strengths are recognized and cultivated, and are vital to the success and learning of the community as a whole. Individuals who work at Schechter Boston must thrive in a culture that lives every day by the following cultural values:
- Believing there is no limit to better
- Providing honest and kind feedback
- Failing forward
- Leaning into complexity
- Being kinder than necessary
Accessible by public transportation:
Schechter is accessible by NewMo, a Newton-sponsored ridesharing service from the following stations: Newtonville Station (Commuter Rail- Worcester Line), Needham Heights Station (Commuter Rail- Needham Line) Chestnut Hill Station (MBTA Green Line-D), Newton Highlands Station (MBTA Green Line- D). NewMo lets you book a ride ($2/ride) from any of these stations to the Wells Avenue Business District, where the school is located.