PK-Gr. 2 Instructional Technology Position
Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
PK-Gr. 2 Instructional Technology Position Feb. 27-June 16, 2023 with the possibility of continuation into the 2023-2023 academic year (FMLA Position)
Tenacre Country Day School is seeking a part-time lower school instructional technology instructor for February 27–June 16, 2023, with the possibility of continuation into the 2023-2024 academic year. Tenacre’s mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day. Everything we do is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of homeroom and special subjects, along with other activities. As a school dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre values the importance of teaming with grade-level teachers, the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We provide our teachers with numerous professional development opportunities and a collegial atmosphere. Tenacre values diversity and inclusiveness in our curriculum and our school community, and we expect all members of the community to contribute positively to the school experience.
As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind.
At Tenacre, we want our students to experience technology instruction that develops skills in logic, sequencing, programming, and design thinking, while also focusing on mastery of software and hardware tools. Interdisciplinary projects support the application of technology skills and help students use technology to demonstrate understanding.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and enjoy working with children in Grades PK to 2nd grade
- Successful candidates will have some experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, be team-oriented, and possess flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Classroom, and Seesaw is helpful but not required as we will train the successful candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience teaching technology at the elementary school level is desirable, but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of platforms
- Ability to promote a positive learning environment that includes behavior management techniques appropriate to the needs of students in PK-2
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Tenacre welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural, and gender balance of the School community. Tenacre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Please submit a resume, a short cover letter that serves as a statement of interest, and the names and contact information for three references to:
Head of School
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Tenacre Country Day School considers applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, creed, veteran or uniformed service status, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. As an inclusive community, we welcome candidates who will increase the diversity of our school.