Brimmer and May School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Upper School Photo Instructor Job Description
Brimmer and May, a private, Pre-K-12 school located in Chestnut Hill, MA is currently seeking a part time Upper School Introductory Photography Instructor. The ideal candidate should be well versed in darkroom techniques and management, digital photography, and Adobe Photoshop in a Mac environment.
- Teach two electives each semester: darkroom photography and digital photography.
- Maintain and secure photography equipment and darkroom space.
- Regularly post student work online and around school in coordination with Arts staff.
- Cooperate, innovate, and participate in a vigorous Pre-K – 12 Creative Arts department.
- Attend Department and Faculty Meetings as directed.
BA required, advanced degree preferred. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years teaching and/or production experience. Candidates with experience in an academic setting are preferred. Dependability is expected. Flexibility, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor are essential.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume & a contact list of three professional references to:
Bill Jacob, Creative Arts Chair
Brimmer & May School,
69 Middlesex Road,
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE.
Brimmer and May is committed to recruiting and retaining faculty and staff of color as the school recognizes that the entire community benefits from a diverse faculty and staff. Brimmer and May School is a nonsectarian institution and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law.