Per Diem Substitute Teacher
Nashoba Brooks School, Concord, MA
Nashoba Brooks School is an independent school for all genders, age 3-Grade 3; girls, Grades 4-8. The school is committed to personal excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts within its mission of preparing students for “…a life of continuous learning, accomplishment, and leadership in a diverse and changing world.” At Nashoba Brooks, we believe that diversity enriches and strengthens community and challenges individuals to become agents of change in creating a more fair and equitable world.
Nashoba Brooks School seeks per diem substitute teachers for the 2022-2023 academic year with a strong desire to work as part of a team in a dynamic school committed to excellence in 21st century education. This is a part-time per diem position in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Instruction of students as a substitute teacher in a variety of subject areas for students in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of experience working in elementary/middle school education.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with students in Preschool through Grade 8.
- Demonstrated knowledge about the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of preschool, elementary, and middle school students.
Professional Qualities and Skills
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong facilitation, organization, and communication skills.
- Effective collaboration with colleagues, using open and professional communication.
- The ability to lift and transport small children as needed, including in urgent situations.
- Productive engagement in a dynamic learning environment by demonstrating flexibility and the willingness to contribute to the broader community.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate directly, effectively, respectfully, and constructively with people of all ages.
- Flexibility and excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning at both the individual and institutional level, including the ability to receive and grow from constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated commitment to and comfort with advancing the School’s core values of diversity, service learning, and character development.
- Proficiency with technology and technology integration to support learning.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to:
Tim Croft, Assistant Head of Lower School