Payroll and Benefits Administrator
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Position: Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Reports To: Business Manager
Department: Business Office
Date Updated: 12/16/21
The Benefits & Payroll Administrator provides year-around, part-time support for on-site administration of employee benefits and biweekly payroll processing. They serve as the primary contact with the payroll service provider and the employee insurance broker for The Fenn School. They also interface with other third party providers to coordinate additional benefits (e.g., retirement, workers’ compensation, etc.) for employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide on-site support for employee benefits programs to include: health, dental, and vision insurance; disability, group term life, and AD&D insurance; flexible spending and health savings accounts, FMLA, COBRA, workers’ compensation, and other employment-related state and federally mandated programs.
- Maintain accurate/complete personnel and payroll files including employment contracts, earnings and benefits, pay rate changes, labor allocations, deductions, 403(b) plan allocations, and personal time-off reports.
- Assist with new hire orientation and annual employee benefits open enrollment.
- Process employee benefit-related monthly invoices; prepare and submit biweekly/seasonal payroll.
- Review and reconcile payroll data; maintain payroll register, labor distribution reports, and quarterly tax reports; post payroll data to general ledger accounts.
- Assist with preparation of payroll and benefit plan documentation for annual audits (workers’ compensation, 403(b) retirement, and financial).
- Answer employee inquiries regarding pay and resolve any payroll processing issues.
- Provide other Business Office administrative support including various accounting tasks and acting as back up for AP/AR.
Skills & Competencies
- At least two years of work experience with employee payroll and benefits administration is preferred.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, accurate/efficient data entry skills, and ability to prioritize own work.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and general accountingsoftware is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong ethics, and the ability to handle sensitive information and situations discretely with complete confidentiality are required.
- Must support the School’s mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion and display an understanding of cultural competence. The School is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Ability to work in a small office environment and collaborate well; non-profit school experience is desirable.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff, and student body. The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Fenn offers a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume to David Platt, Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.