Accredited by NEASC
PASSES/ACT English Teacher/CASE COORDINATOR
Faculty / Full-Time
Pinkerton Academy, Derry, NH
Starting the 2023-2024 School Year
Please see the complete job description and apply directly on our website:
Contract Period: Academic-year position, 186 days, salaried, exempt
Supervisor: Special Education Director
Qualifications: NH DOE General Special Education Certification or eligible for Statement of Eligibility. NH DOE English Certification or eligible for Statement of Eligibility
- Implements effective instructional practices to meet the needs of the learners.
- Integrates knowledge of mental health conditions and their educational impact.
- Plans lessons and units for English courses taught in the program and academic skills.
- Assesses student progress, collects data, updates present levels, provides feedback in a timely manner, and alters instruction based on that feedback.
- Communicates and adheres to clear grading procedures aligned with department policy.
- Monitors and documents the progress of students and issues reports based on department timelines.
- Maintains accurate student records and data, including grades and attendance.
- Utilizes appropriate and available resources (technology, professional growth opportunities, collaboration).
- Communicates proactively with students and all other stakeholders (including parents and district LEAs) regarding student progress.
- Provides support and remediation for students outside of class time.
- Provides case management that complies with Pinkerton, state, and federal guidelines/laws.