Middle School Math Teacher
Wellan Montessori School, Newton, MA
Wellan Montessori School is seeking an experienced educator to join our team as a Middle School Math Teacher working with students in grades 7 – 8 for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a part-time position beginning in late August 2021. The Middle School Math Teacher supports all aspects of classroom operation, including working with co-teachers to prepare the classroom environment, delivering the math curriculum, and creating classroom and instructional materials. The Middle School Math Teacher must be comfortable working 1:1 with students and leading small group lessons, as well as teaching a full class of students.
The Middle School Math Teacher must take responsibility for maintaining an orderly, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for students, and must be willing to work closely with co-teachers to support the goals of the classroom and the school. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning/documenting curriculum for and teaching Voyager Math class sessions, supporting individual students during class sessions, and assessing student progress through the curriculum. Shared responsibilities include but are not limited to: collaborating with co-teachers about curricular integration, drafting parent communication and writing student progress reports.
The successful candidate will be well-organized and flexible; have strong communication skills; have strong classroom management skills; have the ability to function in a cooperative team-teaching environment; and be able to collaborate with other educators in our community to create an environment in which students thrive.
- Part-Time 15 hours per week, with attendance at staff meetings and occasional night/weekend events outside of regular hours required.
- Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in Math, Education, Child and Adolescent Development, or another field related to Middle School Math Education.
- At least one year of experience working with children ages 11-14 in a classroom setting, preferably teaching math.
- Letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references are required to be considered for this position.
Apply Online At: https://wellanmontessori.applicantpro.com/jobs