Nativity School of Worcester, Worcester, MA
Nativity Worcester seeks an ambitious, detail-oriented, and flexible person with administrative and
operational experience as well as a proven track record of customer service and creative
problem-solving. Serving as an integral member of the staff support team, the Operations Manager
provides direct administrative support to the President and the school’s staff and faculty. The
Operations Manager is responsible for planning and oversight of the school’s budget and benefits,
overseeing the business operations and financial systems of the school, developing and sustaining
vendor relationships, managing the maintenance of the school’s facilities, coordinating volunteers,
and assisting with a variety of special projects.
Reporting to the President, your responsibilities will consist of the following:
Financial Systems Responsibilities (30%):
● Overseeing and supporting the business operations of the school.
● Managing the financial systems including accounts payable, purchasing, payroll, benefits,
insurance, legal compliance, and related activities that connect finance and operations to the
life of the school.
● Assisting with financial accounting using Quickbooks and Bill.com, audit, and financial
● Overseeing staff credit card expenses and collection of receipts.
● Managing operations and capital budgeting and planning.
● Managing accounts receivable activities including student activity fees and gym rentals.
● Support the Finance and Investment Committees of the Board of Trustees to help manage
Nativity Worcester’s finances and endowment in a prudent manner by establishing
appropriate financial controls and procedures, and providing needed reports.
Facilities Management and Programmatic Support Responsibilities (30%):
● Purchasing all supplies, food, and other items necessary for the successful operations of the
school and its programming.
● Coordinating maintenance, landscaping, and management of the school and faculty house
● Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships.
● Responding to and solving issues relating to any emergency situations (including on evenings
and weekends as needed) such as answering calls relating to alarms being triggered or critical
● Coordinating the setup for frequent school events and activities.
● Handling all information technology needs of the school and Casa Maria Community.
● Handling transportation ways and means, including scheduling school buses.
● Coordinating student meals through Worcester Public Schools and the Federal Free and
Reduced Lunch Program.
Human Resources and Volunteer Management Responsibilities (20%):
● Collaborating with the President to ensure that the human resource policies and practices are
clearly articulated, consistently applied and conform to legal requirements.
● Overseeing the logistics behind staff recruitment including updating and posting job
descriptions, compiling applications, and coordinating interview schedules.
● Managing the onboarding and exiting process for all employees including benefit enrollment
● Serving as volunteer coordinator for the entire school, with such tasks including, but not
limited to, maintaining a volunteer schedule, providing volunteer orientation, documentation
and exit process.
● Managing insurance renewals for medical, property, general liability, cyber and automobile
through Nativity Worcester’s broker contact.
General Administrative Support (20%):
● Providing administrative support to the President, including but not limited to, scheduling
Board of Trustees meetings, preparing and organizing Board reports, and supporting
strategic initiatives such as planning for the school’s future girls division.
● Assisting the President and other colleagues with special projects and ever-changing needs.
● Understanding and promoting the mission, standards and policies of the school and work
related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism.
● Working with graduates, community and business leaders, donors, volunteers, parents, and
friends to foster the mission and carry out the activities of the school.
● Participate in required school-wide events, professional development days and orientations.
Attend and engage in faculty/staff retreats (two times per year).
● This is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position. Work hours may vary (including evenings and
occasional weekends) and one late shift (ending at 5:30 pm) per week is required to assist
with the extended school day program.
● Fulfill responsibilities as articulated in the Nativity Worcester Employee Handbook.
● High-degree of professionalism with a customer service mindset and strong interpersonal
● Strong ability to be adaptable and willing to respond to various evolving needs of colleagues
and the school.
● Ability to anticipate needs and proactively suggest solutions.
● Strong understanding of nonprofits and education.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Proficiency using accounting systems such as Quickbooks and Bill.com, preferred.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to handle confidential information.
● Mission-driven, team player, hard-working, and flexible.
● Openness to embracing and promoting the Jesuit mission of Nativity School of Worcester.
Education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of administrative
experience. A proven track record managing multiple projects or operations-related tasks.
Knowledge of Quickbooks and other accounting software is a plus.
Salary range: $55,000 – $70,000. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided.
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower end of the salary range; however, they are ultimately
determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
Submit résumé and cover letter to Tom McKenney, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org