On-call Substitute Teachers
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth, and to become contributing members of the community. At the Park School, faculty engage respectfully with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
The Park School is seeking qualified substitute teachers to support classroom needs on an on-call basis. This role will be utilized for absences that are planned as well as late-notification situations.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with children in Grades Pre-K to 8.
- Collaboration, flexibility, a nurturing disposition and a love of working with children are essential. This position is a per-diem, on-call position with competitive compensation.
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School.
- The successful candidate will have experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, an understanding of the social/emotional development of children, be team-oriented and possess an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with elementary and middle school aged children
- Please visit The Park School career page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, leadership philosophy, and names and contact information of three professional references.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.