On-Call Per Diem Substitute Teachers
Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
Tenacre Country Day School is seeking On-Call Per Diem Substitute Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. Tenacre’s mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day. Everything we do is designed to enhance this all-important balance over a broad range of homeroom and special subjects, along with other activities. As a school dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre values the importance of teaming with the grade level teaching partner, the strong partnership between parents and staff, and the meaningful participation of each child in daily school life. We provide our teachers with numerous professional development opportunities and a collegial atmosphere. Tenacre values diversity and inclusiveness in our curriculum and our school community and we expect all members of the community to contribute positively to the school experience.
As a community of children and adults, we strive to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, and enjoy working with children in Grades Pre-K to 6
- Successful candidates will have some experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, be team-oriented, and possess flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Experience with Google Docs, Google Classroom, and Seesaw is helpful but not required as we will train the successful candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be Covid vaccinated
- Substitute teachers are expected to deliver lessons prepared by Tenacre Country Day School faculty, organize the classroom environment, and establish routines that support children’s learning.
- Additional duties will be assigned, including lunch/recess duty and dismissal duty.
Short-term (1-3 hours/day) and all-day substitute teachers are needed. Tenacre offers highly competitive pay rates, a flexible schedule, and a welcoming community. New college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Tenacre welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural, and gender balance of the School community. Tenacre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Please submit a resume, a short cover letter that serves as a statement of interest, and the names and contact information for three references to:
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482