Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Music Teacher (Fall, 2023)
Shrewsbury Montessori School seeks a warm, engaging, and enthusiastic Music teacher for preschool through grade 6 beginning in fall 2023.
The ideal candidate:
- has 3-5 years of experience teaching Music in a preschool and/or elementary school setting including vocal, instrumental, and drama instruction
- has produced student musical performances
- is comfortable using technology in order to enhance the learning experience
- is able to plan and deliver engaging curriculum through remote learning methods should the need arise
- is able to collaborate with colleagues to ensure consistency of program, to develop curriculum and to coordinate activities and interdisciplinary projects
- is self-directed with a strong work ethic
- has excellent communication skills
- B.A. in music or music education
- Demonstrated experience teaching music with children ages 5-10
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate musical materials from diverse musical styles and cultures
- Experience with the Orff Schulwerk approach to music education
- Capable of accompanying students on the guitar and/or piano
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Music Teacher Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS values and will not be tolerated by SMS. SMS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.