Multimedia Marketing Specialist
Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
Basic Purpose: Shady Hill School is seeking a talented and energetic Multimedia Marketing Specialist to take a leading role in the creation, management, and execution of multimedia e-marketing content. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, the School’s Multimedia Marketing Specialist will inform and engage the School’s external audience by creating digital and print marketing content that reflects the vibrant and diverse set of voices that make up the Middlesex community.
The School’s Multimedia Marketing Specialist will work across departments with administrators, faculty, and students to create and share visually compelling stories with our audience of prospective students and colleagues, alumni, faculty, and parents. The position carries the following responsibilities:
- Film, edit, and publish short and longform video content for the School’s social media, web, and e-newsletter channels.
- Produce high-quality photography and video of all areas of campus life, including extracurricular activities, major school events, and athletic competitions. These events may occur on weekends and/or evenings.
- Design and execute cross-platform multimedia campaigns that highlight the life and work of Shady Hill students, faculty, and alumni. This may include the creation of social media and email campaigns, and content development for digital screens and posters.
- Design and update print materials for the School examples include handbooks, health and safety flyers, school store, and the annual magazine.
- Assist in building, sharing, and monitoring social media posts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure brand uniformity across all departments.
- Build and cultivate relationships with stakeholders to encourage and share community-made marketing content.
- Develop and maintain a digital asset management system including regularly archiving materials
- Work with clients on the development process from ideation through post-production
- Engage in professional development to enhance inclusive teaching and leadership practices. The school offers extensive professional development opportunities, including faculty summer study, travel grants, and yearly trips to the People of Color Conference for BIPOC employees
- Additional administrative duties as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years
- Extensive experience with videography, photography, and editing tools including the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Strong written, editorial, and oral communication skills.
- Outgoing, high-energy personality that can engage creatively with a community to capture vibrant media content. Comfortable around children and adults.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to collaborate with a broad range of colleagues in a fast-paced school setting.
- Demonstrated ability to authentically capture and amplify a wide range of diverse voices.
- A nuanced understanding of social media best practices; a keen eye for developing cultural trends.
- Experience with project management and project management software
- Experience with radio, print and digital mediums preferred.
- Experience in an educational setting is preferred.
To apply, please send a pdf including a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Multimedia Marketing Specialist” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Shady Hill offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off. Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. For more information on Shady Hill please visit us at www.shs.org.